It’s not summer yet but you long for some fresh green salad or you’re looking for an easy “gourmet” salad to accompany your pork roast or grilled salmon?
green salad mix from Neversink Farm
a rich fresh salad made with ingredients in season: baby spinach,pomegranate,pear slices and parmigiano cheese
- greens salad mix
- totsoi, baby spinach, mizuna, claytonia, arugula,etc. (or just baby spinach and arugula) - about 10 oz.
- bosc pear sliced - 1 big or 2 small
- pomegranate berries - 1/2 cup
- parmigiano cheese in scales - 1 cup
- walnuts or pecans in pieces - 1 or 2 tbs.
- opt. black sesame seeds - 1 tsp.
- vinaigrette - see recipe
- or lemon juice+xvoo+salt -
Wash your salad mix (even if pre-washed the salad will taste better after a rinse). Dry and arrange on a large round dish. On the top add the pear slices,the scales of Parmigiano cheese and the pomegranate berries, add nuts and sesame seeds if you like. Add dressing just before serving. Here's the vinaigrette recipe. If you prefer toss the salad with a dressing of extra-vergin olive oil, lemon juice (or vinegar), a bit of sea salt. Keep it simple :)