One more quick and easy recipe for making the dough at home without a machine and practically no kneading. It lasts up to 2 weeks in the fridge, letting you bake fresh bread anytime you want.
Homemade dough good for making bread,focaccia, pizza in only 5 minutes.
- about 3 + 1/3 cups warm water - (not hot!)
- 1 +1/2 TBs rapid yeast - (1+ 1/2 packet)
- 2-3 tsp. sea salt - (more if not sea salt)
- unbleached all-purpose or bread flour - 6 1/2 cups
- 3-4 tbs XV olive oil (opt.) -
- a pinch of sugar (opt.) -
- 6-qt. container ( w/lid or a wet kitchen towel, or plastic wrapping to cover) -
- a long thin spoon (to mix) -
Pour water, yeast, and salt in the container. Mix with a spoon.
Mix all ingredients together till mixture is all wet without any dry lump of flour. Cover with a soaked wet kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Note: do not use an air vacuum lid because the gas created by the dough could make it explode, as it actually happened to me!.
Let it rise in a warm place for 3 hours or more.Remember: the dough will triple in volume, so you need a large container.
You can use the dough immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If it's from the fridge let it warm up at least 30 minutes before using it. For bread recipes go to "My Recipes" and click on Bread.