A refreshing and light summer dish, perfect to prepare on a warm day when you don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. The combination of different flavors, texture and colors makes this recipe very inviting and irresistible. You can also prepare it for a picnic or have it for lunch at work…. If you’re on a dairy-free diet substitute the mozzarella with tuna!
The perfect summer dish that you can bring to work or enjoy for lunch in a hot day: a cold pasta salad with lots of seasonal vegetables and some mozzarella cheese or tuna.
- 200 gr. bow-tie pasta (half box) -
- 2 bell (cooked or raw) peppers -
- 1 cup chopped arugula -
- 1/2 lb. chopped cherry tomatoes -
- opt. sliced celery -
- 2 oz. mozzarella in cubes -
- 2 T chopped scallion or 1 T chopped garlic -
- 6-8 T. XV olive oil -
- 1/2 T. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard -
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar -
- Salt, pepper -
- 2 T chopped fresh basil -
- Cook pasta in salted water and drain it al dente, in the meantime chop and cut all ingredients.
- In a bowl mix oil, vinegar and mustard till creamy. Add chopped vegetables to the dressing and mix.
- Drain pasta, move it to a large bowl and let it cool down, add some oil and stir it to avoid that it sticks together.
- Add dressing, mix well and add some basil leaves as a decoration.